Popular Pages

Thread: no bowel movements on hhcg 8 days.

no bowel movements on hhcg 8 days.

Hi,

29 year-old male. Started hhcg 10 days ago. My last bowel movement was at the end of day 2 (end of loading). I have now gone a full 8 days without bowel movement. Now I typically wasn't that regular prior to the diet, so when the pounds and inches manual says up 4 days is perfectly normal, I figured up to 6 days would be pretty normal for me. But 8 days has me worried.

The diet is working great. I have lost 10.4lbs in 9 days (including the 2 loading days, today is my 10th day). So I'm happy to see I'm losing a lil over a lb a day.

The manual recommends an apple day or non mercurial diaretic if you hit a plateau. Well I haven't hit a plateau at all, i've had losses ranging from 0.4 o 2.0 every day.

I don't feel constipated nor am I on plateau, but I'm starting to feel that on the 8th day without a bowel movement this is becoming unhealthy.

I am eating spinach, argula, one apple and one orange every day, then a mixture of lean meats and veggies to fill in the rest of the 500 calories. I have been very strict with zero cheating.

What is the best method to induce a bowel movement while on hhcg? Should I do the apple day? Suppository?

And what is the best way to avoid going 8 days like I have currently?

bit concerned here.

I got this tip from someone else on here...
    Drink smooth move tea. It works! I used it this weekend and the next morning I had a movement. And the tea doesn't taste that bad, it actually has a pleasent sweet after taste. I usually drink it if it has been 4 or more days since I have had a movement.

If you don't feel constipated, I wouldn't worry about it. Your body is probably using everything you're putting in it, so no waste. I'm always very regular and my output has slowed tremendously, but I don't feel constipated either. Also, since you're losses are so good, even more reason to not worry, in my opinion!

I googled the tea and it's a laxative tea? Doesn't the manual say not to take any laxatives unless you want to lose 3 days worth of loss?

if just regular tea, well I'm already drinking 40 oz of black, oolong, green tea every day and plenty of water to make sure I'm over 64oz.

day 8 is winding to an end and still nothing.

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Quote Originally Posted by BAinLB View Post
    I googled the tea and it's a laxative tea? Doesn't the manual say not to take any laxatives unless you want to lose 3 days worth of loss?

if just regular tea, well I'm already drinking 40 oz of black, oolong, green tea every day and plenty of water to make sure I'm over 64oz.

day 8 is winding to an end and still nothing.
    You won't lose 3 days. But I don't care for the taste and prefer Yogi - Get Regular.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

R/P/M
    P2/Injections/Rogue
    Blog Entries
    Go buy some 1000mg Vit C and take a couple of them, you can buy some 250mg magnesium and take one too if you want. Vit C is a natural laxative if you take more then your body needs. Your body only absorbs a certain amount of Vit C, the rest is naturally expelled so it works well as a natural laxative. It was suggested by my Dr. Adding a Magnesium helps get things moving faster and it doesn't hurt to add one on such a limited eating plan. I've never had to take more then one dose of Vit C (2 pills), DH has had to repeat it the next day once.

Your body won't become dependent on Vit C like it can on these laxative teas and other supplements.