Popular Pages

Thread: Does anyone else here have multiple sclerosis?

R/P/M
    Round one, origninal method w/ vitamin injections.
    Blog Entries

Question Does anyone else here have multiple sclerosis?

I have MS, and I am almost done with my first round of hcg injections. My type is Relapsing/Remitting, and I believe I am in remission-except that my left side is constantly vibrating, and I am having dizziness and balance problems again. That's pretty common, and it doesn't mean I'm in a relapse. It's called a "pseudo-exacerbation", and they usually go away when the stimuli responsible are removed- say heat. Sometimes in the case of a virus or other type of infection, the reaction may last until the infection is resolved.

Here's the problem, I'm not sick, and I know that hcg can't be the true cause. I've lost 20lbs so far. Does anybody know if this could be a reaction to the toxins being released from my stored fat? In some ways, this protocol is similar to a flush- and we know those can make some unusual symptoms. And it makes sense to me, that toxins could cause a significant "pseudo-exacerbation", the same way an infection would.

Would anybody like to weigh in on this one?

BTW: I am drinking plenty of water- nearly 100 oz everyday.

R/P/M
    R5P2 hCG patch
    Toxins are stored in fat cells to protect us. As we lose fat we release toxins. I also had an Osteopathic Doc tell me last year that he was reading a study (I don't know anything more only he mentioned this) and that having a Vitamin D3 deficiency could cause MS symptoms and problems. He recommended at least 5,000I.U. daily and up to 20,000I.U. daily to bring levels up. It also helps fighting virus's. Just some info passing along.

I hope this helps.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    We've had quite a few come through the forum with MS over the years. Most do much better on the hcg. I believe that's because it elevates their hormones a bit and they usually cut out the gluten (I always tell them to omit the breadstick.) Toxins are held in your fat so when that goes, they are released and some can have some symptoms from that. Hang tight!
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

I have MS as well. I'd say make sure you're not in a flare just to be safe. After that, I'm pretty sure that the extreme weight loss puts stress on our bodies. Every time I have lost a good amount of weight, I get a little wonky. I've lost over 200lbs as of today (not counting the HCg) and my body always has a little fit. I'd check with your Neuro just to be sure though.

Also, I wouldn't totally rule out HCg. MS is effected by Female hormones so it 'could' be that but who knows?
    First Weight in 3-29-12 294.7 (5.3 lbs LOWER then my starting load weight!!!! (Shocked))
    Week1 - 14lbs, 285.2
    Week2 - 6lbs
    Week3 - -3.2lbs
    First Day P3 April 22 2012 - 275.8 Total so far 24.2

Long Term Goal

R/P/M
    R2P2HCGInjections
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthecat View Post
    I have MS, and I am almost done with my first round of hcg injections. My type is Relapsing/Remitting, and I believe I am in remission-except that my left side is constantly vibrating, and I am having dizziness and balance problems again. That's pretty common, and it doesn't mean I'm in a relapse. It's called a "pseudo-exacerbation", and they usually go away when the stimuli responsible are removed- say heat. Sometimes in the case of a virus or other type of infection, the reaction may last until the infection is resolved.

Here's the problem, I'm not sick, and I know that hcg can't be the true cause. I've lost 20lbs so far. Does anybody know if this could be a reaction to the toxins being released from my stored fat? In some ways, this protocol is similar to a flush- and we know those can make some unusual symptoms. And it makes sense to me, that toxins could cause a significant "pseudo-exacerbation", the same way an infection would.

Would anybody like to weigh in on this one?

BTW: I am drinking plenty of water- nearly 100 oz everyday.
    I too have MS and wondering if we go off of our medications and supplements during this diet. I am on Tysabri. I cut everything off (vitamins gave me all my energy: B12, D3, Ginseng, Ginkgo Biloba, etc) and I am feeling tremendously low energy, barely functioning. Please HELP!!

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhottienowaveragejane View Post
    I too have MS and wondering if we go off of our medications and supplements during this diet. I am on Tysabri. I cut everything off (vitamins gave me all my energy: B12, D3, Ginseng, Ginkgo Biloba, etc) and I am feeling tremendously low energy, barely functioning. Please HELP!!
    No,no no! Don't stop your medications and supplements! . Because of the MS, your body needs these items....taking them away is additional stress....which in itself can trigger a flare.

Maxthecat, hcg itself won't trigger a flare. Women with MS generally have zero flares while pregnant. Whether that is the hcg or the lowered immune system, it's not known....but we do know they don't react to the high hcg levels in their bodies. Change is what triggers flares, and losing weight quickly is a stress and a change.

I always recommend loading with low carb, high fat and protein foods. That way, you minimize carb withdrawal during the first week of the protocol. Continue all meds and supplements, even oil containing ones. Don't change anything in your routine, except for the 500 cal diet. You are more likely to tolerate just one change, rather than a bunch of them.

Hope this helps. And when in doubt, check with your neuro. You can always go off the protocol and try it again at a later date.
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

I too have RR ms, and I am thinking about doing hcg. My concern is when I STOP the hcg drops if it will throw me into an attack?? Anybody heard any advice on this? I know ms is suppressed while pregnant, so will it rev up the immune system when you stop the drops?! Help!

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Generally not, moneebgz, but it's possible. Are you going to use hhcg drops or rx?
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.